Our most common mode of operation in product development is a project. It can vary in scope and size significantly. Sometimes the goal is to develop a set of working prototypes and sometimes it is to take a prototype design into a mass manufactured product. Whatever the scope is, an appropriate design process needs to be followed to control the quality, cost, schedule and scope of the work.
A product development project can be divided to:
- electronics design,
- software design,
- mechanical design,
- industrial design (ID) and usability design (UX).
- Project management ties all these disciplines together, controls schedule and budget and manages requirements.
- electronics architecture design
- selection of key components
- RF/EMC design and possibly antenna design
- FPGA design
- Design for testing (DfT). See also our testing services.
- Design functional verification
- Environmental and EMC testing. See our lab services.
- Antenna performance testing and tuning
- Embedded SW design for a small microcontroller without any operating system
- Embedded SW design for a microcontroller with a real-time operating system
- SW design for a DSP
- Embedded Linux
- An upper level language on top of Linux and some other operating system
- Back end, cloud or mobile application development. See also our industrial internet services.
In mechanical design our strongest area of expertise is integrating delicate electronic and mechanical parts into a device operating in very demanding environments. We have experience in mechanical design of demanding measurement devices or analyzers. The scope of the design work can the whole device or parts or modules to larger structure and assistance in verification and transfer to production.
ID and UX design
For indutrial design and UX design we use our in-house expertize and our selected partners.
A project manager is the primary contact person for the different parties in a project organization. He is responsible to the product owner for managing requirements and reporting progress. The role of the project manager is further emphasized when we are dealing with medical devices subject to regulation, or safety critical systems for industrial applications for example.
for more information on product development please contact us or our local office closest to you.